Sunday, May 2, 2010

Summer Farewell!

Remember on Friday I wrote that I had a lot on my mind?

Well,the summation of all those thoughts comes to this:

I'm taking a Summer blog break!

Why?

First I have been convicted that my blog has been a source of pride in my life. Not that I am writing all kinds of hyped up half truths about my life to make me look good to all of you.

No.

My blog has not been about the struggles of life in a large family,at least not lately. It has been about finding the pieces of beauty in my crazy days. Of course,it's about my sewing projects a well.

The pride I am struggling with is wanting to shine my own light in the world,not Christ's. Does that make sense?

Sometimes I also wonder, if I didn't have a blog would I still exist? Dramatic, I know, but I wonder. Kind of like the age old question 'if a tree fell in a forest and nobody was there to hear it,would it stil make a sound?' Blogging has been a part of my life since the summer of 2007. I had another blog before this one.

So...

I am going to take a summer blog test.

I say I love blogging but is it the blogging I love or the attention from the blog that motivates me to blog?

The test is that I am going to open up a new blog that no one but myself and maybe Jeff can read for the summer. I will keep this blog here just the way it is so people can come back and poke around.

If I find I still love to blog at the end of August even when no one is around to read it I will transfer all my summer blog posts back to this blog and continue on. If that is not the case, I will just move on living a blogless life and I am sure I will be fine. Pretty good test,I think.

So this is my summer farewell!

I hope to see all of the this fall!

Warmly,

A Patchwork Mommy

4 comments:

  1. Hi Tina~I have to admit I'm a little sad and I'll really miss reading, but I understand. Sometimes I feel the same way about my blog. Anyway, hope to see you back in the fall.

    Hope you have a nice summer!
    Traci

    ReplyDelete
  2. I pray for people when I visit their blogs....even though I will not be visiting your blog because of updates, I will pray for you and your family....for protection, provision, and clear vision.
    We will meet one day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will miss you, but I am sure the time away will be sweet! Enjoy the summer Son-Shine!

    Love from the North,
    Summer

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi again! I wanted to stop by and wish you a very Happy Mother's Day on Sunday. Hope you a have a nice one:)

    ReplyDelete