Friday, July 8, 2011

Up or Down

Because we have our bus now, I sit right in back of Jeff not on his right side.

It might seem odd to others but I do not mind it at all.

There is just one thing that really bothers me about this seating arrangement.

Jeff's visor being down.



I do not know why not seeing where we are driving bothers me so much.

There are many other windows I can look out of.

I think it makes me feel less in control.

In control of what!

I do not even know how to drive.

Funny!

As we were driving around the other day and I was stewing over Jeff's visor being down. Who cares if the sun is in his eyes...

Something kind of profound crossed through this fluff dense mind of mine.

This whole visor issue is actually a tender and sweet object lesson in faith.

How many times do I want to see where God is taking me before we get there?

Almost all the time!

Some of those times God does put the visor up so I can see a little of what is ahead.



Then again, there are those many times when the visor stays down despite my fussing and pleading and pouting.

God asks me to trust that he knows where he is taking me.

He knows the way.

He knows the obstacles.

He knows the fears.

He knows the outcome.

He also knows the good,and the blessings,and the joy that come along as I walk in faith.

You know the silliest thing?

I think I am going to start liking this visor someday.

Warmly,A Patchwork Mommy

1 comment:

  1. Very true...I too enjoy seeing where I am going. I have enjoyed my "Bethel Seminary Ride" with the visor down--certain I have following His leading but unsure of the where. A little like Abraham in Gen 12 when God commanded him to "Go from your country and your kindred and your father’s house to the land that I will show you."

    Would love to chat with you sometime about adoption and orphan care. Any time that works for you? I could buy you coffee, Coke or a cup of tea.

    Rhonda J.

    ReplyDelete