Wednesday, September 28, 2011

A New Creation

I had been thinking of trying my hand at making a few fun cape type jackets for my Etsy shop.

I thought I would first make one for Lily and see how it turned out.



Pretty cute.



I think with the ones for my Etsy shop I will not include the little hand slits.



I am working with fleece which I find rather difficult mostly because I am not familiar with how to iron the cotton lining without damaging the outer fleece. My top stitching was a little messy on Lily's. The second one I made for my Etsy shop does not look as messy.



I even learned how to make a covered button! Now that is pretty neat.


Warmly,A Patchwork Mommy

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I think the hand slits are nice, but probably a bit of a pain to make! I was just telling my kids about your amazing sewing abilities yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barb,
    I am pleased you visited my blog!! I have not been motivated to blog the past few months. Kind of down in the dumps a bit.

    Thanks for the sewing pat on the back. Now one thing I can not boast at all about is knowing anything about dark (or is it black) matter! I love any science dealing with rocks,geology, fossils,dead people,etc.. but you sew (very well) and can also hold teens captivated with stuff I could never even spell!

    Ha Ha and on my blog I quote Billy Mink and you quote things from people like Dostoevsky or Victor Hugo. You are the whole package! Smart and crafty.

    Anyway, The slits were hard to make. Lily did not 'get' the purpose for them and just grabs things from under the cape so I am sure most little tots would be the same.

    ReplyDelete