Sunday, November 13, 2011

A Fly On Our Wall

or maybe a butterfly in our midst.

Here is the science I am using this year for Josh,Odell,Ekie,Naomi,Anya,Joel,and Grace.

I had been struggling with multi level teaching my 5th-1st graders their science,history,and English.

I just happened to be going through some used clothes that were passed along to us (Thank you Farmington Bakery!) and one of the bags had a booklet of 1st grade Daily Science sheets in it.

I thought now this is just perfect!!

I did a little research and decided on 2nd grade because it was perfect to dress up or down depending on where each child was with their reading skills.

I then added a little this and that.

We are really enjoying it!

And it is EASY for me to prepare and teach!!!

I had some other fun science programs that I tried over the years with my grade school kids but I would not have ever labeled them easy from a teacher/mom point of view.

The kids are real proud of their finished books.

I hope they are learning something!!







Warmly,A Patchwork Mommy

1 comment:

  1. I love homeschooling. Such amazing opportunities await children who are given the freedom to learn, explore, dream, ....

    Thank you for sharing.

    And HAPPY BIRTHDAY to your boys.

    Blessings and joy,
    Summer

    ReplyDelete