Wednesday, January 18, 2012

10 Days of Proverbs 31

I am back!

I took a little blog respite this last few weeks.

I kept up with blog posts in my mind but they never made it to my actual blog!

I bet you were all wondering what I was up to.

Well...

I sat on the couch a lot...

Thinking

And just enjoying the slow down after the holidays.

I have not been called in for Jury duty yet. Just 3 1/2 more months left!

Our Christmas tree is still up.

I have not washed our bed linens in what seems like years.

I decided I have a special gift. It is called Poopy Sense. You know like Spidey Sense but instead of being able to swing from building to building using spider webs, I can smell a poopy diaper in my sleep. It is a handy gift. I have not had to buy diaper rash cream for years.

See...

Lots of thinking.

Ok

Ok

On to the actual real part of today's post.

Photobucket

For the next ten days I am going to be doing something new on my blog.

A sweet friend of mine over at 2 Are Better Than One organized a group of 13 of us to participate in 10 Days of Proverbs 31.

Each of us 13 will address a particular attribute of the Proverbs 31 woman for 10 days.

The attribute I will be sharing about for the next ten days is being creative.

I LOVE being creative!!

There are many attributes of the Proverbs 31 woman that I fall very very short with.

I am not an early riser.

I have a hard time taking my worries about tomorrow to God. I tend to hold tightly to them and am most of the time pretty sure the sky will actually fall tomorrow.

I do eat the bread of idleness. In fact,it is one of my favorite dishes.

but I love to put on my creative thinking cap. I have so many ideas that flow through my head that sometimes my head feels like it will explode.

In my opinion, there is almost nothing as exciting as taking a bunch of scraps of this or that and making something beautiful out of it.



Creating something out of a bunch of nothing.

Seeing a seed of an idea in my thoughts become a final product.

Do not laugh, but sometimes I get so exited in the process of making something that it is hard to breath.

I am very thankful God saw fit to include that part of himself in us his created ones.

So God created man in his own image,
in the image of God he created him;
male and female he created them.

Genesis 1:27


Hmm...there are SO many ways the Proverbs 31 woman demonstrated her creativity.

Her creativity was not just confined to sewing garments and robes.

I will post more tomorrow!

Warmly,A Patchwork Mommy

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here are the other twelve blogs joining in on this 10 Days of Proverbs 31 adventure.

Enjoy!!

Contributing to family income/
2 better than 1

The Fear of the Lord/
Satisfied by Love

Using time wisely/
BlessedBeyondMeasure

Taking care of needy/
Shadow Wonder

Using money wisely/
Jennifer Sikora

Keeping an eye on home/
Just a Glimpse

She can laugh at the days ahead/
faith filled food for moms

Clothed in strength and dignity/
One thing I’ve Learned

Taking care of others/
2 savvy gals

Bringing Variety to Family/
Karen Dawkins

Extending your Hand to the Poor/
Women’s Fellowship House

Organization/
Teaching what is Good

No comments:

Post a Comment