Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Grant's Ghana Fundraising Update

I would like to thank everyone who has stopped by my farmer's market table to say hello and to help raise money for Grant's Ghana trip.

As well as everyone who has responded to Grant's Ghana fundraising letter!!!!

He is getting closer!

I think he has about $1,100 left to raise out of the original $3,700 amount.

Not bad at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you would like to help with Grant's trip I included a donation button. This is my regular Paypal account and the donations would be non tax deductible but I promise it all will go to Grant's trip. If you would like to donate directly to ASON on Grant's behalf instead of Paypal leave me a comment with your email address and I will send you the info. Either way THANK YOU!!!!




Back to the farmer's market fundraiser!

I have five or six more Saturdays before Farmer's Market season comes to an end.

I have only missed two Saturdays since the beginning of June and I walked up with my wagon every time!!

The wagon only flipped twice.

I was stared at a few more times than that,though...

I think I was pointed at...

And pretty sure I was laughed at.

Could not be sure on the last one because I was 'burning wagon rubber' down the street.

Laughs and car noise kind of sound the same in this mom's early morning mental fog.

Anyway!

Pretty impressive for not being fond of early mornings or good at baking.

I usually make 18 loaves of various breads in the zucchini, banana, apple, and pumpkin variety.

I usually have one or two extra loaves that I do not sell. One Saturday I sold all 18 and I was very excited!

The breads that go first are usually my 'hybred' breads. Those are the breads with banana, chocolate chips, and blueberries (yes! All three in one loaf!! Yum!!) or apple (or zucchini) bread with pineapple and coconut. A close second is anything with chocolate chips in it, third would be banana or zucchini with walnuts.

I find the men who buy my bread lean towards the non traditional combinations. Women seem to stick with more traditional breads. But of course, there are always exceptions!

I have my bread baking down pretty well. It takes between 3 to 4 hours to make 18 loaves. If I am not distracted.

I also have been selling some of my sewing items at my table to help Grant along on his fundraising.

Here is a peek at a few things that sold so far.










I hope to start making a few princess Halloween dresses to bring to the farmer's market to sell on Saturday. If I get them finished I will let you have the first peek!


Warmly, A Dragonfrye Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment