Thursday, September 27, 2012

What's Up With This?

Remember my mention of making a few Halloween princess dresses to sell at the farmer's market?

~sigh~

After laboring at the sewing machine this evening I came to a few conclusions.

The first is that dreamy ideas should not be thought of standing in the fabric isle of Walmart. They should be thought of well in advance.

The second is some ideas should stay dreamy ideas.

The third is I should not sew when I have a headache.

My final conclusion is that I really, I mean really, really do not like sewing silky thin fabric. Maybe that was the source of my headache.

I sew certain things well but this princess dress, this monstrosity looks pretty much like a small child (perhaps a toddler) got into mom's sewing bins...

and silky fabric like this is not kind in hiding even minor sewing mistakes.

Against my better judgement

and

Because like the quote I shared yesterday,

"I risk humiliation because I have a genuine interest in participating."

Here goes.

Gee, the silly dress did not even have the kindness to look princess-y or even photograph well.


Do not ask why I thought the yellow ribbon would look good. It must have been that enchanted way the fabric at Walmart called out to me, entranced me, impairing my better judgement.


I will let you know this is the only dress of this silky kind I will ever make and it will not be making an appearance at the farmer's market this Saturday or ever.

It is not an item I desire to perfect.



I do know Lily will like it.

So if you see her out and about Waseca with this beauty chuckle quietly please.


Warmly, A Dragonfrye Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment