Saturday, July 13, 2013

Fussy or Sparkly

By my fussy post the other day one would come to the conclusion there were not many sparkly moments in my week.

No 'step back and let melancholy rush over me' moments.

There were many.

Sometimes, I do not even realise I have set those good moments aside and take hold of (rather tightly,I might add) of those fussy, 'everything is bad' kind-of moments.

I did take a few pictures of random things this past week that made me smile.

But before I show you those here are two awesome quotes that I read and thought, 'Wow! Why am I still hanging out here (by choice) in the shallow end of the pool with my floaty armbands on. I want to be -need to be- in the deep end letting God teach me how to swim with the big kids.'

Quote # 1

"Who is God asking me to be?

So if it is God's call it is supposed to be easy? Because that's not what Paul would tell you, or Steven, or Moses, or Jim Eliot,or Nate Saint.

Do you want me to keep going? Because it seems to me the most obedient ones in the Bible, the ones who were truly following God's call on a daily bases get thrown into lion's dens, or fiery furnaces, and shipped wrecked and beheaded and nailed to a cross. And they are praised for being the most faithful and successful in God's eyes.

God's calling isn't to do something but to be something. To be obedient. To find the fulfilment of God's desires in our character not our works."


~~ From the movie This is Our Time

and quote #2

"Look at what Jesus did with common men: In just three and a half years average men and women were transformed into fearless disciples, filled with the Spirit of God! They did not wince at suffering nor withdraw from sacrifice. These ordinary souls received authority over demons and power over illnesses! They were living proof that Christ transforms people. Beloved, three and a half years of undiluted Jesus can produce the same transformation in us."

~~Francis F


Pretty inspiring quotes, aren't they?


Ok, here are a few of my random smile moment pictures from this past week.


My Birds in a Nest, muffin pan style



My odd love for Milk Weed plants. This year at least 12 have grown in my flower garden. No joke, they are very beautiful flowers.


These next two flowers are very pretty as well.




A trade I made at the Farmer's Market a few weeks ago. I say I got the better end of the trade. My bread is ok and all but not this good!!

Notice the bird house? Josh made that. It is perfect hanging next to the flowers.



One of the kids picked up these free flower pots on the side of the road.



a picture of our house from the clothes line. I do not look at our house from the back like this much. Although run down a bit, I sure do like the view,


and my beautiful find at our local resale shop.


I can almost see the history that this stand is caring around with it.


Warmly, A Dragonfrye Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment