Thursday, July 11, 2013

"I'm not lost for I know where I am...

...But however, where I am may be lost.”

~~ Pooh Bear


Sorry for the small break.

I have been a little down the past few weeks and not up to much blogging.

It could be because of MUCH mom/child conflict around here.

How many times in one day and by how many kids can a mom be told she is hated, being very unfair, stupid, selfish, etc...before she starts to buckle under the weight? I SO just want to be liked and not goof up SO much...there is some truth in some of the mud slinging that has been aimed at me.

Any-hoo

Maybe it is my turning 45 last week.

It could be all the changes with Grant graduating reminding me life moves forward even though I wish with all my might for it to stop.

A slight teardrop
.
.
.
.
falls

As you can see, I do not know life without a little drama.

Forgive the slight vulnerability that you are bearing witness to.

Now that all that is said, here are a few sewing projects I have been working on the past few weeks.

A gypsy type skirt.


I found this great vintage Raggedy Ann curtain at our local resale shop.

Isn't is SO much fun!!


I made a dress out of it.

Even Funner!!


A double bonus is next.

I found two cute little boy crib sheets at a resale shop in Mankato

and a WONDERFUL vintage chenille bedspread at our local resale shop!!!!


I cut up the sheets and the chenille bedspread and made the most ADORABLE 24" x 27" baby blankets!!

I added a layer of flannel as the batting to add a little warmth and weight to the blankets.

I still have a lot of chenille left so I can make more chenille-y stuff.


I finished up these next two two layered twirl skirts.

I think they are very pretty.



Warmly, A Dragonfrye Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment