Sunday, June 26, 2011

Happy 16th Grant!!!!!

Happy 16th birthday Grant!!!!!!!!

With the lives of my two oldest being so busy it has been hard to get them to take a moment to celebrate their birthdays!!

We still have yet to celebrate Elena's 17th birthday which was on June 20th since she had just gotten back from a mission trip to New Orleans.

In-between general Sunday craziness, Grant's itching to go play basketball to break in his new basketball shoes, Grant,Alan and Joyce needing to get ready to leave for their FCA basketball camp Monday morning, and adding to that three of the boys' friends sleeping over, Elena just getting back from her New Orleans trip and then her off to a bonfire with old friends we found about an hour to celebrate Grant's 16th birthday which was actually on June 22nd!

Crazy!!

I do not believe Grant feels slighted at all.

His view was the 'let's get it over with so I can move on with my day' type of thing.



Happy birthday Grant!!!!!!



Here is something most people did not know about Grant. When he was three months old he had heart surgery. He had something called a Corarctation of the Aorta.I probably spelled that wrong. He did not need open heart surgery because the aorta was able to be repaired going in from his side.



Just for fun I dug up a few pictures.

Here Grant and myself in Sept 1995 soon after his surgery. He was SO tiny!



Grant me and Jeff.



As you must realize Elena and Grant are one year two days apart. Alan was born a few months before Elena turned three and Grant two. Ha Ha how I made it through those years I do not know!



Another fun thing about this last picture is that we took it on the set of Jingle All The Way. Pretty cool!

Warmly,A Patchwork Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment