Wednesday, June 1, 2011

What's Up Patchwork Mommy?

Where have you been?

Oh, just around.

Jeff has had the past few days off so it has been a little busy around here.

But in truth, I just have not been feeling very inspired.

Kind of just blah.

I saw this sign out on our street corner and thought that it sums up my life lately.




I do not do personal road work well.

I find this verse very comforting when I am in these kind of blah moods.


God is our refuge and strength,
an ever-present help in trouble.
Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way
and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea,
though its waters roar and foam
and the mountains quake with their surging.

The LORD Almighty is with us;
the God of Jacob is our fortress.

Psalm 46:1-3 and 7



Sometimes it is the vague emotional blah moods that are harder to stand up under.

One thing I can count on is that tomorrow is a new day.

The emotional waters will not roar and foam forever and the mountains will eventually stop their quaking.

The God of Jacob is my fortress against these raging out of perspective emotions of mine.

What do you ask triggered such a pit in my mind?

I think I was heading into this downward spiral for a few days.

Feeling a little behind the eight ball with lots of stuff.

But the thing that pushed me over was we received a letter in the mail that our yard was a public nuisance.

Something about the lawn needing to be cut because it is over 6 inches long.

Don't laugh now.

Did I just hear a snicker?

I truly am not being over dramatic.

Honest.

I just do not like when others think we are doing things wrong.

~Sigh~

Warmly,A Patchwork Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment