Friday, July 6, 2012

It is a Bun of a Day!!

A very sweet person brought over a ton of brat buns that they will not use.

Thank you !!!!

SO

I am going to spend the next few days being creative with our buns!

Chuckle

That sounds a little funny, doesn't it?

The fun of it is I will try to use just other ingredients I have at home. 

 For lunch yesterday, I started by toasting the buns on the griddle...

SO good!

I could of actually just stopped there and ate many plain fried buns.

(I LOVE FRIED BREAD)


but I did not.

I mixed up a very yummy turkey mixture.


and like magic!

Very yummy Italian turkey sub sandwiches!


For dinner I toasted more buns and mixed up a sort of  black bean Tex/Mex mixture.

This one looks kind of plain but there were kids asking for seconds which is always a good sign!

                         

Tomorrow is a new day and I have a lot more ideas!

Warmly, A Dragonfrye Mommy

1 comment:

  1. We like to toast (broil in oven). Then put on shredded mozzarella cheese and some garlic powder and have this with our spaghetti.

    A good use of old buns that aren't too far gone anyway.

    ReplyDelete