Sunday, March 3, 2013

Even Leaks Can Build Character...

Recall the surprise fat quarters Jeff brought home for me last week?



Here is what I have done so far.



I thought a beautiful nine patch quilt would be perfect for those four beauties!



I had just enough of the off-white fabric with the light brown vines in my stash to use in the nine patches as well. It is perfect!



That was my evening accomplishment on Friday evening.

I was planning on getting a little more done today but I slept in and then tackled a leaky bathtub faucet. It was such a bad leak the water ran even when the faucet was turned off like I was filling the tub up using up our hot water. I could not repair it because we needed to buy a new cartridge. I knew that going into the project. My intention was to just patch it up until I could get to the store in a few days. In theory it should only be a twenty minute job, right? Four hours later between Alan, Josh, Nolan, and myself putting our thinking caps on the patch worked. Ok, I cried a bit,too. Maybe if Charlie's Hardware is open tomorrow I will get the cartridge and be done with it so I can get back to other things.


Warmly, A Dragonfrye Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment