Sunday, March 10, 2013

Unmotivated Week

I have been kind of unmotivated to blog this past week.

I have been very tired. Maybe I am coming down with a cold or something.

It could be the late winter blues...

I spent a good amount of my spare time planing our next year of home school needs this week. It is pretty sad because now both Elena who graduated in '12 and Grant who graduates this spring are dropped from my home school planning schedule for this next year. Wow. I wish I could rewind the years a bit. I did not do 1/100th of what I wanted to do with them. Gal-darn that time goes WAY to fast.

I also realised that even some of my history home school textbooks that I still consider new I actually bought back many years ago or so. Gee, I guess Bush is not just newly elected is he? It seems like I just bought them for Elena yesterday but have now been used by at least seven other children. Time to update? No, I will wait...

Today the HeavenWord Handler performance team (ten of which are our kids) ends their six week tour of halftime shows.

They traveled to Rochester for the Northern Sun (NSIC) Conference tournament today. They performed at the women’s championship game at 3pm (MSU-Mankato vs. Augustana) and the men’s championship game at 5:30pm (Bemidji State vs. MSU-Mankato).

I stayed home with Lily, Grace, Joel, and Josiah. Josiah was very sweet. He picked out a video from the Library for the three not so little little kids to watch with him. I think it was a lonely day for Josiah with all the other kids gone. I let him play xbox to his heat's content which was actually a long time. Josiah is very much a people person.

The quiet gave me a little time to finish binding those five quilts so I could get them in my Etsy store. After I finished those I moved on to my nine patch quilt squares.

I am not sure how I should lay them out. I ended up with 32 6 1/2 inch nine patch squares. I could lay them out like this but then the quilt would be a bit small. I think Jeff would appreciate it a little bigger. I would too...



I will think about it over night and see if I get any inspirations.

Warmly, A Dragonfrye Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment