Monday, March 10, 2014

Looking Back: The Dragonfrye News August 2005

Was life ever easier?

I can not remember.

Wait!

Let's dig out our first ever issue of our homeschool newspaper

The Dragonfrye News!

Before my blog.

When the family was less than half the size it is now.

When I still had my marbles...at least more of them than I seem to have now.

I do not think I ever yelled or got hyper back then...

Ok, I just choose to have a selective memory.

I did yell and did get very hyper.

But do not make me take off those rose colored glasses I am wearing.

~Sigh~

Life was good.

Life is good.

Good looks different at different times.

Ok and I am NOT listening to Alice Cooper as I write this blog post.

No. Not.

It is not a reflection of my mood right now.

All is good.

For the record I would be SO upset if the kids listened to Alice Cooper.

Kids, do as I say not as I am doing right now.

Some of the kids (Elena, Grant, Alan, Josh, and Joel) and I had a good time reading all of our old issues of The Dragonfrye News tonight.

They are so fun.

We Fryes are just a family of goofs...

And proud of it.









Wasn't that sweet!

Yes, we did hand The Dragonfrye News out to our family and friends.

At the time this was written Elena was 11, Grant was 10, Alan was 8, Nolan was 5, Josh was 4, Anya was 2, and Joel was not quite a year old.

We had just hit our 12 year wedding anniversary.

We had been living in Waseca 2 years.

We had just made the transition from Evergreen Community church in the cities,which had been our church home for over 19 years, to Christ Community church here in Waseca.

And the thought of adoption was just in it's infancy.

Wow!

How things have changed in these past nine years!

Warmly, A Dragonfrye Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment