Tuesday, July 15, 2014

A Few Worries and a Few Bags

I put my sewing away in June after our family difficulty. I just lost all my steam and excitement to do much of anything but sit, sleep, and worry. I did remember to pray. Things are still difficult.

Even though a few others have hinted that they have observed a change of heart in the child in question, I have not seen it. I have of late, witnessed the child struggling with circumstances now not to the child's liking. The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence and I guess our side of the fence has become much greener lately. I have observed a child trying to squirm out of current problems.

What I have not seen is a heart of humbleness, of true repentance, or an acceptance of wrong. I still see anger, pride, self justification. I am sad. I lack wisdom. I do not know what to do. I fear making the wrong decision. I fear permanently crushing an already bruised reed. But then I fear not letting the bruised reed heal in God's gentle care by grabbing it away and taping it up myself. I fear the judgments of others. I worry for the other children in Fryeville.

I still have not taken out my sewing yet. I have put my energy into the entryway for a few days. That is me peeking my head out of my shell a little bit. This week is the Waseca County Fair. I'll peek my head out even a little bit more. These are the last things I sewed before the machines were put away.









Warmly, A Dragonfrye Mommy

1 comment:

  1. It is so so hard to see your children make bad choices. I feel for you and that kid. Hopefully contriteness will come, along with more maturity. Love these bags. Are they for sale?

    ReplyDelete