Thursday, July 24, 2014

Not My Circus, Not My Monkeys

Have you heard this old Polish proverb?

Not my circus, not my monkeys!

~SIGH~

Umm...

What if it is my circus?

What if it is all happening under my big top?

What if they are all my goofball monkeys?

My circus peanuts?

Well, under this big top, clowns are one of the most popular characters.

That is the part of the apple that fell close to Jeff's side of the tree...

Did I just say that?

I find they are VERY skilled in a variety of circus acts.

Driving me bananas is their most practiced and encored act.

I wish I could say I was the ring master by I find out I am more the juggler, lion tamer, tightrope walker, and flame thrower all rolled into one.

Haha.

I think Jeff would like to be the unicyclist but then again he would like the ring master's top hat.

But instead, fortunate for him, he mostly just arrives when the daytime circus show is wrapping up.

He misses the good stuff.

Jeff did take this old circus-ed out juggler, lion tamer, tightrope walker, and flame thrower to the fabric store when he got home from work.

It has been a little more than three weeks since I left Waseca.

Thank you, Jeff!

I needed the break.

I bought a lot of this Snow White's Seven Dwarfs fabric. I have many plans for this!! I might just unpack my sewing machines today.


I also bought a blender at Kohls.

I was feeling the need to blend stuff.

I tested it out when we got home.

Jeff, Elena, and Alan watched as I blended an old banana I found in the freezer, milk, chocolate syrup, ice and a little oatmeal together. It was not bad. They were my taste testers. I read somewhere that oatmeal adds protein and a little thickness. Next time I will leave the oatmeal out, though. It did not blend very well.

These are pictures I took yesterday. I LOVE my milk weed plants!!


I am wondering if this butterfly escaped from the Butterfly exhibit at the fair this past weekend.


Daisies are also one of my favorite flowers.



Warmly, A Dragonfrye Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment