Monday, July 14, 2014

SO Pretty!!

We moved into our house almost 11 years ago.

When we moved in our house was beautiful!

There was nothing I felt needed to be fixed or redecorated.

The years and large family living has run our house down I am pretty sure in dog years.

This summer I thought it would be fun to do a little work whenever I make a little extra cash from my Etsy shops.

I started in the smallest, easiest area of our house.

The entryway.

I took out the rug this past winter to discover old linoleum tile.

The tile was pretty easy to get off but I was clueless as to how to tackle this black stuff.

I thought all winter and finally decided to just start scraping.

I read that if I wet it up with hot water it would scrape off easier.


It actually worked!!!

It only took me two days.


Now, we have beautiful wood floors!!


I pulled off the wallpaper and bought a new light fixture.

I thought a chandelier would look beautiful.


And it does!!


I painted the walls Toasted Almond


Even spray-painted the heat vent


I am absolutely beyond pleased with my efforts!!


If you want to come over and hang out in the prettiest entryway ever feel free to drop by.

Next I want to buy a new screen door and maybe move on to either painting the living room or maybe sand and repaint the kitchen cabinets.

Not sure, yet.

Warmly, A Dragonfrye Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment