Sunday, October 19, 2008

Sunday, October 19, 2008

I did get a few things done this weekend!

What a clean fridge!



We finished up the Halloween costumes.Elena did an excellent job on her Fairy costume.She did some pretty tricky things like altered the pattern a little to get the look she wanted.We just had the cape pattern to work from and had to use our imagination a little to create a long skirt and matching top.Elena sewed almost the whole outfit even the shoulder part on the sleeves by herself.I showed her how to use different size dinner plates as patterns to get scalloped edges on the skirt and neckline.She learned the art of zigzagging the hem edges of her scallops to get a rolled hem.She is very proud.It is fun to watch the kids get exited and see their creativity.Even Grant and Alan sewed most of their own costumes.Wait until you see...but I will not post pictures until after Halloween.


When it was my turn to sew this afternoon I was able to quilt my It's Hit To Be Square quilt.I took a few pictures of it even though I was not able to put the binding on as of yet.My other quilts will wait until a future weekend.










The sweetest picture for last...



PS. Did I mention one of our toilets overflowed two times this weekend? I have one sweet little girl who is now afraid to go poop in the toilet.Poor girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment