Friday, October 17, 2008

Today...


I finished up with most of my back posts.I guess there were not as many to put on as I thought!My life is rather dull at times.I still need to do our Waseca Marching Classic Parade post.Elena was the photographer and took some great pictures.

I decided I enjoy making baby fabric books.There are so many different books out there.I have a few Christmas and a few general baby ones on my Dragonfrye Quilts site.I ran across a few other cute fabric book panels on Ebay that I 'won'.I saw a few real neat Australian fabric book panels that were REAL neat but very expensive.I will admire those ones from afar.One of my zillions of craft goals will be to try my hand at a soft fabric busy book.One with snaps and buttons,or maybe an ABC one.

On my sewing plate this weekend is to finish up a few Halloween costumes for the kids.I have just two more capes to make and a fairy costume.Anya is Tinkerbell and Elena is going to be Tinkerbell's friend so actually Elena will make the fairy costume I will supervise just a little.Elena is very good at her sewing.Elena has been a great help with the costume making.Most of the boys made their own costumes and some of the younger kids are wearing costumes from previous years.Sop my sewing skills have not been needed as much as they have other years.

If I get the capes done I have a few quilts waiting to be quilted.I have a log cabin Christmas quilt,a quilt called 'Hip to Be Square' that I made a few weeks back,and a few baby whole cloth quilts.Hmmm....my project list seems to be longer than the time I have.

I already have a great quilt planned for my November quilt giveaway.If it turns out the way I imagine it will (which is usually a hit or miss type of thing) it will be very pretty.

Tomorrow Jeff and the kids have 8 paper routes to do!The kids picked up a sixth permanent route and Jeff picked up two of his own.Jeff thought it would be good exercise and the two route locations were close to our house so he thought that when the bigger boys were old enough to do a whole route by themselves they could each take one.Right now the kids all share the six routes.It is not bad work for the kids.We dropped allowance once our family got bigger and the paper routes give the kids some spending money.I believe the 5 biggest kids earn about $17.00 each a month and the younger ones earn less but soon Nolan and Josh will be doing as much as the bigger kids.It won't be long before we deliver The Waseca Shopper to all of Waseca!

No comments:

Post a Comment