Friday, February 25, 2011

A Bunch Of Ramdom-ish Stuff

Now, I hope you knew yesterday's post was just for fun. Jeff and I do differ in how we pronounce some words him being from Chicago and all but I think over the years of being married to him I lost a lot of my special Minnesota way of talking. I'm still unique though aren't I?

Another thing I was thinking about...

I have never really watched any of the Duggar's Shows in the past. You know 17,18 and 19 and Counting... Well, over the past few night I have been streaming past episodes from Netflix and I absolutely love them! I do not know what about that show appeals to me. Maybe it is a combination of them being just ordinary people but with great standards. Their love for the Lord and their commitment to their family. They built their house debt free! Wow. That is very neat. I do not know but I enjoy watching them.

I will mention that there was one episode (2008) where they had a big ice storm and had lost power for eight days or so. Well, my jaw hit the floor when Jim-Bob opened up their 'pantry' to show how they hooked up their freezers to the bus generator. Their pantry was like a garage and I think I saw two big chest freezers! Now mind you we have five less children than they do but here is our pantry





and our freezer





Not quite in the same league as theirs.

Don't worry. Ours are empty because at the time I took the pictures we had hit the end of the month and needed to go shopping so do not be shocked. We do usually have food we just use up most everything by month's end.

*IMPORTANT*

I'm not being fussy or whiny.

The point I want to make ,an encouragement to you all really, is never be afraid of where God is calling you. Whether you have a lot or a little. I am pretty sure, based on what I saw of the Duggars they would be content where-ever God placed them. I am fine with waiting on God for our needs. Some days I am frustrated, but other days I'm not. Some days I worry and other days I have peace. I am very glad that God takes care of us every day.

Here have been two verses that I think of a lot.

Even though the fig trees have no blossoms,
and there are no grapes on the vines;
even though the olive crop fails,
and the fields lie empty and barren;
even though the flocks die in the fields,
and the cattle barns are empty,
yet I will rejoice in the Lord!
I will be joyful in the God of my salvation!
The Sovereign Lord is my strength!

Habakkuk 3:17-19a


I was young and now I am old, yet I have never seen the righteous forsaken or their children begging bread.

Psalm 37:25




Warmly,
A Patchwork Mommy

3 comments:

  1. Great post.....I always feel the same way when I watch the Duggars, even though I love them. I wrote a post on Duggar comparisons too. Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Becca! I stopped by your blog and I really enjoyed it! What a beautiful, beautiful family you have!!!!! They all look just like you! Baby # 10 due in just a week or two how very exited I am for you!

    Warmly,
    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that show too and Its neat to see your family with your empty pantry:) Just taking life as it is and being happy in the midst of it all!

    ReplyDelete