Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Ever have days like this?

Sometimes,I want to get right down with them and throw my own little mom fit.





I was having a hard couple days looking over the fence into the family life of a few of my friends and how kept up, together, organized they were. How much their families were reflecting God's grace and beauty.

Then I look at my own messy, crazy, unbeautiful, jungle of a life.

I was getting pretty down.

** WARNING **

Rambling starts now...

Ha ha as I write this guess what is playing?

The sun is hot and that old clock is movin' slow,
An' so am I.
Work day passes like molasses in wintertime,
But it's July.
I'm gettin' paid by the hour, an' older by the minute.
My boss (read kids) just pushed me over the limit.
I'd like to call him (them) somethin',
I think I'll just call it a day.

Pour me somethin' tall an' strong,
Make it a "Hurricane" before I go insane.
It's only half-past twelve but I don't care.
It's five o'clock somewhere.



Any country fans out there? I'm a big country music fan.

Anyway Alan Jackson's song It's Five O'clock Somewhere put an explanation point on my past few days!!!

Ok, but I will pass on the Hurricane and get a coffee mocha and NOT one from McDonald's. McDonald's coffee drinks are ok and all but I need something better than ok. Make it a Starbucks before I go insane.

End of rambling starts now...

The point of this post is that during my off few days I read this on someones Facebook status. Mary Knox's to give her credit. I enjoy reading her status'

Great ministry tweet: RickWarren : "Never envy a significant place of service. Make the place you serve significant."

So how does this apply to me?

"Tina, stop looking over the fence and wishing your family was like this person or that persons. Instead, focus on your own family and serve God with all your might right where you are with the abilities, blessings, weaknesses you have."

Of course, whether my place in life ever is significant in the world's eyes or not shouldn't be my goal. My goal is to run the race God has set before me well. I shouldn't be running another person's race. So my dear friends, I now step off your track and onto my own. See you at the finish line!


Warmly,A Patchwork Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment