Thursday, February 24, 2011

Just A Little Minnesotan

"Mom,cin we go ti da store at abowt twewve like we au-ways do? I will bring da bayg to put da pop in."

"No,'cause ya left da melk cup in da sink. It's derty an ya hafta warsh it. It's bin dere for a while."

"It wersn't me, onnest. Ya cin just get anudder cup and leave it go 'till later."

"No. You bedder just go warsh dat cup now den ya cin go ti da store."


Recreated from real life conversation at our home.

Those who know me...

Tell me, I don't really talk like that,do I?

Hmm...no wonder I'm having trouble teaching my Liberian children phonics.

But I recorded myself and think I talk just fine.

A few loving family members think otherwise.

I shouldn't have married a Chicagoan.

Them and their fancy talk...Boats and Bags. What do they know,anyway.

By the way, it is bouts and baygs people! Get it right!

Warmly,
A Patchwork Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment