Thursday, August 8, 2013

Now I Can Change My Thread...

Now that I have these three things finished I can finally change my sewing machine thread back to its standard white thread.

I just thought this retro kitchen fabric would be a cute little girls skirt. I know the fabric shouts, "apron! Not skirt!" but I have my own odd sense of little kid style.


As long as I was sewing with black thread, I used up this remnant piece of babushka fabric to practice making this style of skirt.


I made this little top to match the skirt laying underneath it. I made the top specifically for Lily to wear with the skirt when I photograph the skirt for my Etsy shop. My vision of the two together I think will look good but I have not had Lily actually try the pair on yet. I could have her wear a solid black top like she will the two skirts pictured above...I will see what looks better. Either way it was fun to make.


Warmly, A Dragonfrye Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment