Saturday, May 3, 2014

Now, This Is Awkward

Feeling somewhat antsy at the table this evening correcting the kids school.


Even more antsy looking at the stack still waiting for me.

~Sigh~

I feel the stress building.


Then I got snippy at my eldest for something I can not even remember now.

Sent her to her room.

Called her back down.

We did not need to be separated but together with some mom-daughter bonding time.

Over plates of homemade donut holes


As well as homemade French fries.


My youngest, who is never one to accept being excluded from anything that resembles a tea party, joined in despite her lack of being in the possession of a formal invitation.


She also wanted to demonstrate the proper way to drink from a tea cup.


As the three of us sit down to enjoy our special treats, my oldest realizes she is sitting in the middle.

The tea party place of honor.

This mom smiles.

I hear her say, "Now,this is awkward."

Sorry if I am still smiling.

She will be 20 in a few months and I think she still secretly enjoys sitting in the tea party place of honor.


I will stop smiling...

in a little while.

Warmly, A Dragonfrye Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment