Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Another Sneak Peak

Here are a few more of my Christmas gift projects I finished.

Two fleece blankets



This one will be for Odell. I double layered it and tied the layers together.



I saw this monkey fleece and knew Alan would just love it! He likes monkeys(sorry Marcus). Alan's fleece blanket is double layered but instead of tying the layers together I machine sewed them and used my straight rotary cutter to cut a 3 1/2 inch border on the outside of the sewing line.I curved the corners too.Very cute.I have 4 more fleece blankets to make but each should only take about 20 minutes.




I thought Elena's sewing tin turned out very cute.I used the scraps I had of a group of dessert themed fabric that Elena liked.




*****************

A few more neat things to mention...a kind family dropped off some groceries today!Cereal,milk,supplies to make a spaghetti dinner,and a bunch more things.How very kind!The kids were so exited because the family included chocolate milk! We heated it up as an after dinner treat of hot chocolate.Very tasty!

Another family dropped of a whole bunch of wood for our fireplace!I bet it will take us through the whole winter.Thank you!!!

Last night another man dropped off a Hyvee deli gift certificate for a dinner of ham and all the fixings for our Christmas dinner!

I try and share these kindnesses not to show how needy we are but to encourage those who might be afraid to step out in faith and do what God is asking you to do.It can be very scary to step outside of what is safe and comfortable but God is faithful and will not lead you somewhere and then fade into the background.He walks ahead preparing the way and will not abandon you.Our family is a living testimony to God's faithfulness.We really are.

Psalm 37:25
I have been young and now I am old, yet I have not seen the righteous forsaken or his descendants begging bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment