Monday, December 22, 2008

My Homemade Christmas!!!

A blog that I really really enjoy is called The Purl Bee . There are some very cute projects I am working on for the kids.I am making the Purl Frog for Josh,very easy pincushion for each girl, and fabric beach balls for Lily.

So far I have most of Josh's frog gift done. I still need to make his top and a few other changes of clothes for him. Alan helped make the frog a battle shield and a pouch of swords. Of course, I had to make a feather bed, a fleece blanket and a quilt to keep the frog cozy! I made a cute storage tin to put the frog and all his supplies in. Playing stuffties it a big deal over at my house even with the boys.The boy version of the stufftie game has more to do with battles and blood shed than playing house but it keeps them entertained!





Here is a peak at what I am making for the girls.I have to explain...we go through so many canned goods around here and I had the greatest idea! The girls all have been asking for my needles,fabric scraps,thread,and the like to make mini quilts and clothes for their stuffties and barbies.I wanted to get them all their own sewing baskets with all the fun supplies to go with it but that would cost a semi-small fortune buying for 7 of the girls plus Josh! I thought hmmm...how about making them each their own sewing tin!That would be free and very fun to do.Anyway, here are my partly done decoupaged sewing tins.I still have to add edging,a final layer of glue,line them and add ribbon handles.I will fill them with stuff from my sewing stash.I did buy eight .88$ sewing kits that I will add to each.Other than the sewing kits these gifts are from things I already have around the house.Pretty neat.




I will make the pin cushions to put in the sewing tins and get Lily's balls done in the next few days.I have a few fleece blankets to make as well.I will take pictures of the projects after they are all done to show you.

No comments:

Post a Comment