Sunday, December 14, 2008

Thoughts From a Pondering Pooh Bear

I started this post planning to write a few deep and pondering thoughts but now I just can not remember what I was pondering so deeply about...I am sounding a little like Pooh Bear right now.Feeling a little like him as well...must be sampling so many cookies this weekend.

We had a few very generous gifts given to us this past week.A family dropped off 16 Walmart gift cards.One for each of us.I was very speechless! We will put them to good use!

We were blessed with the leftovers from our church's Candlelight Dinner... rice,glazed carrots and scalloped potatoes.SO good!Our church also brought us over a lot of cookies from their cookie exchange!Beautiful cookies.Umm...now my kids' cookies are good and all but there is something nice about another adult making cookies that you know you most likely will not bite into a big chunk of unmixed flour,hit an extra salty spot, or that they will not insist on combining all cookie frosting into a grey/brown color.

A family passed on to us a bunch of very nice older boy clothes and jackets as well as a few warmer jackets for the littler girls.Just in time..."The weather outside is frightfull...". Thank you!!!

Jeff drove most of the kids up to his work's children Christmas Party Saturday.They all had a lot of fun.On the way home his van overheated.We still did not get it fixed but he thought it would be OK for the hour long journey but it was not.Sadly, now even the heat is not working so they were all very cold!
A few nice men stopped to help and pointed out that the van had a flat tire as well!The kind men helped put on the spare tire.They even had fancy tools and let the bigger boys screw in the tire screws with their electric screwdriver.Jeff and the kids made it home OK.They used the van to drive to church this morning and finish up a few paper routes they could not get done because of the van trouble.

Notice that I was cozy at home the whole time...I REALLY do not like cold weather.It is -2 right now and I am sure the windchill is making it even colder.Now I am under 7 blankets with a small electric heater close by.Our house is very cold tonight.One of our furnaces is not working very well so it is very cold in the old part of the house.I suppose I could go to the warmer part of the house but I am OK as long as I do not move.Summer when will you be back!

No comments:

Post a Comment