Friday, August 12, 2011

A King Size What??

I love our house.



It is nice and big.



It is old and has a lot of character.



As our family grows though we need to be creative in re-thinking the use of our space.



One of my grand ideas (notice I did not say one of our grand ideas) was to loft Jeff's and my bed.



I dreamed of all the quiet (sewing) space we would have...



So with the semi nervous support of Jeff we set out and bought this...







and presto!!



We got this!!







A work of art!!







I just LOVE it!!!!!!!









Look at all that space!!!







It was built partly by a plan, partly by my own ideas, and a lot by Jeff's strength and practicalities.



It is very stable.



I want to paint cute little flowering vines around the posts.



The kids and I thought it would be fun to paint the plywood loft ceiling dark blue or black and add glow in the dark stars.



I also think that I should add some beads (think 70's hippy flashback) somewhere compliments of my dad's influence.



Best part of it...no bed making!!!!



Ok, not that I did that anyway...



Warmly,A Patchwork Mommy



P.S The loft happens to look crooked in the photos but it really are not. It is just my wonderful picture taking abilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment