Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Sometimes

Sometimes it takes a pair of sparkly shoes to bring me to my knees.



In the day to day life in a larger family things can go so fast.

Speedy fast.

Super speedy fast.

The little moments.

The special conversations.

The hugs.

The sweet words whispered.

They all go so fast.

But so do

The hurts.

The bumps.

The bruises.

The not so sweet words anything but whispered.

SO

Sometimes it takes a pair of sparkly shoes to bring me to my knees.




To remind me that bruise or sweet whisper, my family is in God's precious, strong hands.

To remind me that my shortcomings are more precious than my victories because my shortcomings call for God's mighty healing touch.

A touch more tender, more lasting, more healing than even a mother's kiss.

So I need those beautiful sparkly shoes to bring me to my knees.



Warmly,A Patchwork Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment