Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Not That It Matters To Many

but just to kick off the new school year, I thought I would show what I was hard at work doing these past few weeks.



Here is an example of Nolan's weekly school schedule. Most of the 5-11th grade kids will have the same type of schedule. Elena who is in 12th likes to do her schedule her own way.She does the same things:an Abecka/Sonlight/Bob Jones trio.







I have Nolan's first nine weeks in his handy dandy red folder.







His daily pile would look something like this although the science, history, and health books are actually Josh's. Nolan has his 6th grade books and his math and English up in his bedroom.







Here is what Nolan's week 6 worksheets in his folder look like.



Might look a little like micro managing having all the page numbers written out but our school days flow much better if the kids who are able to do a lot more independently have a little hand holding via a schedule like this. Besides, I tend to forget what should be done when and these schedules help me out so much. I have had a few kids taking advantage of my scatterbrain-ness







As you see, I have the kids read Abecka science,history, and health as well as read some of the Sonlight books. I have them answer the Abecka questions but not the Sonlight ones. The kids most all do Bob Jones english and math as well. I have been doing this trio for years and years. It works well for us. I did have a few years I added Veritas Press and notebooking into the mix but once our family grew it got to be a little too hard to manage and costly so we had to let that go.















Blah! I see a typo!! Now it's going to bother me!









Warmly,A Patchwork Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment