Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Something I Overheard Yesterday

"Joel, when you are not busy do you think you can get a needle and thread to sew up the hole in my pants."

"Sure, Lily. I don't mind. I can do that."

A few thoughts crossed my mind...

How sweet that a nine year old can do (and is willing to do) such awesome big kid tasks in the eyes of a six year old.

How sweet that in the mind of a nine year old, he can handle such big kid tasks with awesome confidence.

How less than sweet to realise your six year old needs to ask her nine year old brother to sew up a hole in her pants because the mom, this mom, moi, is 'too busy' sewing other things for pretty much imaginary people. Haha.

Anyway, the humbling sting was quickly pushed away by this sight.

I just could not get over the huge blue hat on Joel's head.


Don't let him know just how precious it looks.

Please.

He would then take it off and never put it back on again.

And then he will, all of the sudden, be 'closer to ten' than 'just turned nine'.


And more proof that I am loved.





Warmly, A Dragonfrye Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment