Saturday, April 16, 2011

A Little Random This And That

Onion rings. Mm mm good



Joel saved me a taste of the cookie he got as a snack at AWANA Wednesday evening. Joel, you are so sweet!



Leave it to Josh to be the one to provide me with my first spring bouquet.
He thought he should pick them to save them from the snowy weather we are supposed to be getting.





In other news, we are finally getting our paperwork together to re-adopt Joyce ,Odell, and Naomi here in Minnesota. They came on IR4 Visas for those who are familiar with that. I know it's been three years. We were not in a rush. They were already ours and were not going anywhere. The girls are exited to choose middle names. So there official names are Joyce Anna , Naomi Genevieve, and Odell Charisse. Joyce and Naomi already had their own middle name choices picked out for a long time. Very nice choices. Odell said we could choose her middle name. What a honor that was. I know I wanted her middle name to mean kindness which is a character quality she displays a lot. When I searched names with that meaning and I saw Charisse, I knew that was perfect! Odell Charisse. Odell means a song. Charisse means grace,beauty,and kindness. So Odell is "a song of grace,beauty,and kindness". That describes her very well! I bet that is just what God was thinking of when he created her.

You can count on me sharing pictures of our big day in court.

In a tad bigger news,we are also getting ready to have a new home study done! A domestic home study this time around.Maybe shocking to some and 'finally' to others. We are hoping that the background checks and fingerprinting we had to do for the girls re-adoptions can be used for our new home study. Wouldn't that be nice and easy? Wouldn't it be even nicer if things like our birth certificates,etc..(you know the non-time sensitive stuff)could be carried over from our other two home studies. We would be just that much ahead! Anyway, might there be more Fryes in our future...? You will just have to wait and see but we hope so!

On a not so fun note, major bedtime issues with the Lids. That little Lily has not so little lungs. My sweet little one, who can do no wrong, was screaming out "bad,bad,stupy,mean mommy" over and over from her bed the other night when I put her to bed and most nap times. I thought the youngest ones in the family were supposed to be the laid back ones not the strong willed ones.

And a special Happy 8 1/2 birthday to our sweet Anya!

Warmly,A Patchwork Mommy

2 comments:

  1. The littler ones learn the "will" form the older ones:):) Oh well...they do grow up and in the meantime us "big family mommies" get to have all the fun and the realness of tears too! Wouldn't have it any other way!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom to 9, how very true that is! Actually, I'm kind of a fiesty one as well. I have to admit that I have let a lot more slide with my two youngest ones. But,it is not too late to get back on track,is it? Yes, they do grow up and despite the drama around here, I would not change a thing.

    ReplyDelete