Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Where Is That Neutral Zone When I Need It!!

I am not sure what is was.
Maybe because it has been so gloomy outside the past few days.

Maybe because most of the kids have a little cold sickness.

Maybe all the candy they ate over the weekend.

I do not know BUT this past Tuesday was one of the hardest, draining days I had had for a long time!

Almost EVERY child was whiny and fussy or angry. Really whiny and fussy and really angry (mostly directed at me). I had not seen this many temper tantrums all in one day for a long time. On any typical day, there usually are a few kids out of perspective but not this many and usually not this out of perspective.

If we were on a pirate ship I think the kids would have declared a mutiny and forced me to walk the plank. No, they would have not waited for me to walk the plank, they would have just thrown me over as soon as they saw a hungry shark swimming about.

It was crazy.

I was exhausted.

At least the day ended and I was pretty sure today would not be quite as bad.

This morning I found this under my door.

My soft hearted child. My Josh.

Of course,I decided to revoke the missing AWANA part of his punishment. He still accepted the other punishments he acquired yesterday with humility, but this one I let slide.




Looking back on yesterday, I am pretty sure we traveled through some sort of sub-space anomaly...

maybe the Badlands in the Alpha Quadrant?

Sadly, I could not find a neutral zone close by.

There was even a warp core breach scare to make things worse!

Too bad I did not handle things with that suave Jean-Luc diplomacy.

No,I handed it all in my mommy freak out type of way.

But things turned out fine.

Days like this usually do, don't they.


Warmly,A Patchwork Mommy

1 comment:

  1. Hello,
    My name is Jenny and I saw your post on Danielle's blog - My Life in a Shoe. I'm looking forward to following your family as I have a large family (and three adopted Liberians.)

    Blessing,
    Jenny
    www.ourplansmultiplied.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete