Saturday, April 23, 2011

And Ekie's

This past week I started on Ekie's Easter skirt.

I did not get a chance to take a picture of the finished skirt yet but it turned out very cute!

I decided to use a pattern from this book.



Ekie's skirt will not be as fancy as the skirt pictured but it will be just as cute!




Here are the three fabrics we chose for the skirt.



The pattern is actually rather easy. Each pattern in the book is multi sized so I made a copy of the pattern in Ekie's size on to sew-in interfacing. The only bothersome part was I had to add my own seam allowances. I did not enjoy that part. Good thing this pattern only has three pieces.



I am not a fan of sergers. I have one and I used it for years but I find I enjoy the regular sewing machine much better. A serger has it's purpose,great on knits and such but I feel more one with the fabric using a regular machine. Silly, I know. I usually use a mock french seam to make my seams neat-ish looking. Funny thing was I never actually knew how to do a real French seam! I thought it must be hard for there is a mock version of it. Well, I learned how and isn't it beautiful! Not very hard at all.



Tomorrow is Easter!


Warmly,A Patchwork Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment