Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Mother's Day!!

I did not even realize Mother's Day was this weekend until last week.

I should get a calender!

It came up so fast.

I was not mentally prepared at all so it was hard to let go of my weekend agenda and focus on...me?

Funny!

My weekend agenda was all about me focusing on me but in a different way. If you know what I mean.

There has to be a few of you mother's out there that are like me a little.

Who would be just fine skipping Mother's Day.

Oh, I appreciate being a mother just fine it's the fan fair of expectation and pressure that comes along with Mother's Day that I do not appreciate as much as most, I guess.

I was struggling with letting go of my plans and I came to the conclusion that Mother's Day really isn't about me but about others.

About Jeff and the kids.

About sitting down and letting them serve me, not for me but for them.

About accepting what they have to give with graciousness, love, and kindness.

Now it might sound like I did not have a fun Mother's Day doesn't it?

No. I had a very very good Mother's Day!

Oh, I fear I will be miss understood.

Forgive me.

BUT, I did have a very nice Mother's Day.

We did some of my favorite things!

We all took a drive to get a coffee.

A Drive for coffee. The ultimate me thing aside from shopping for fabric and sewing. Both of those I did Saturday as a pre Mother's Day break. OK side track,here. I had a BLAST on Saturday. I went to the fabric shop and after I was done I saw our bus in the next mall parking lot at the Salvation Army store. I snuck away a few of the kids and we walked to get a pop. Then I went to Barns and Noble with Elena to buy books for our middle/younger children's science class. Elena was so helpful and encouraging. Elena and I then went to get a pretzel at Annie's Pretzels. So Good! We looked at Rag Stock. Cool place. I bought some more incense. At the end of our trip, Jeff brought everyone else into the mall to meet us and they each got a gumball. Not thrilling for most but for us it was. What an ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL day that was!

OK back on track.

Mother's Day.

We had a meal with some of my favorite things: Potato salad, pasta salad, green salad,ice cream cones....SO SO good!

I was showered with many, many, many color pictures. Most on the Hello Kitty theme. It must have been the color book that was least used up.

Gifts of my favorite candy.

Pretty flowers



and even a Mother's Day balloon.




Warmly,A Patchwork Mommy

1 comment:

  1. Oh yes...mothers day. That's an interesting day! Glad you hd a good one!

    ReplyDelete