Tuesday, May 10, 2011

She Is Her Own Person

Elena has been wanting to paint her room for a few years now.

I am a white wall person.

I love color, but all of our walls are white.

To me that makes sense. Visual sense, and practical sense.

Elena is not a white wall kind of girl.

So for a few years she has been wanting to do something fun with her room and she wanted to do it herself. I finally took a deep breath and let her unleash her own person.

And I am SO glad I did!

She picked out her paint colors.



She painted her room all by herself. Alan helped a little.



She did a wonderful job. In my mind, she stepped further into adult life and a little farther away from childhood.



I went up to her room today to see the final results and was so proud of her. I am also very thankful I had the strength to let go of Elena the girl to have a chance to see Elena the Woman blossom a little bit more. I think this was very important to her as well. I believe she even impressed herself.




Warmly,A Patchwork Mommy

P.S.

I did this! Replaced the light fixture that is. I am proud to say that I'm my mother's girl but I do not think she was a white wall kind of girl either. In that, I'm all alone.

2 comments:

  1. Those are the same colours of our girls room! How fun she got to do it herself....it probably makes her appreciate it all the more!

    ReplyDelete