Tuesday, May 17, 2011

A Half Finished Project

I am starting to clean out my sewing room and came across one of my half finished quilt projects from last summer.

Here is the story behind it:

I was at the grocery store and ran across this book in one of the isles.



It is such a beautiful little book.

I love the pictures!



I thought I would try to make a quilt with my existing scraps that reminds me of the book. Too bad I did not have more vintage colors for the nine-patch blocks.




I really should finish it up this summer.



I also last year at an antique show ran across this pattern. The clothes remind me of the book as well.



I thought this was interesting...If you look at the pattern pieces the dress sleeves are a part of the sides of the dress.



Here is a closer look. Isn't that interesting. It seems like a easy dress to sew. I kind of stink at button holes but I am very intrigued as to how this dress sews together.



Warmly,A Patchwork Mommy

1 comment:

  1. That quilt is so pretty!! I'm amazed at how much you create!

    ReplyDelete