Monday, June 17, 2013

General This and That

Yesterday afternoon after I got back from the Farmer's Market, I walked (all by myself) to the coffee shop.

I then popped into an antique store to look around.

I found this very cute book.

It is cover less but just SO darling!!!


The illustrations are so pretty.


Ok, now I need to get a croquet set!


A few of the kids looking at the book.


This pattern caught my eye


and so did this one.


This is a gem!!




It was a little on the spendy side but what made it worth it to me was this written on the bottom of the box


and this


I just had to try to make some!

I do not have a picture but I had a small audience of kids watching and wondering how in the world this thing worked.


I think I had the oil too hot because either the rosettes would get very dark or be under cooked.

I am sure there is a skill to making these. I will try again.

This one is the prettiest of the bunch.


but even that being the case, what fun it is to make these!!!

The kids really liked them, too.

Ok, towards the end I started making funnel cakes with the batter but even those were good!


Warmly, A Dragonfrye Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment