Wednesday, June 12, 2013

June 11th

It was 20 years ago today that my dad passed away.

He was a young 49.

Wow.

Time goes so very fast.

I dug up a few fun pictures of him.

Here he is in 1965 with my oldest sister Heide.

It is hard to believe my dad would have just turned 21 years old in this picture.


This is my dad and mom in 1963 at the North Star Ballroom for my mom's high school prom. My mom was a Junior. My mom was just 16! My dad would have been 19, I believe.


It makes me a little melancholy and sad. I just do not remember what my dad sounds like anymore, although I still have dreams about my dad and in my dreams I hear his voice very clear and recognize it.

On another note:

I am halfway finished with another dress.

Here is the bodice


and the skirt part


If you can imagine the two being sewn together, you will see the dress will look very pretty.


I decided to make a size 2-3 which means my model Lily can not model it for us when it is done. I will have to figure out another was to take pictures of it. I am excited to see what it looks like when it is finished!


Warmly, A Dragonfrye Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment