Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Ghana and Fun With Wool Blends!

Before I get to my project, I thought I would mention that Grant should be leaving for Ghana very soon!!!!

We know for sure he leaves for Ghana from Florida on September 30th but we are waiting to hear when he will be flying down to Florida. It will be sometime before the 30th, that much I know.

Yikes!!!

That is so quick.

I have not gotten an actual official dollar amount of how much money Grant has left to fundraise for his trip but because of very kind, generouse people I believe he is pretty close to being fully funded. When I hear for sure I will let everyone know.

Thank you to everyone who has helped him!!!

~~On to my project~~~

I thought I would venture out of my cotton safety net and try making a little girl pleated skirt out of this beautiful bright green wool blend fabric.

The pictures do not do it justice.

It is very pretty and it is really this bright of a green!



I added a lining. It took some thought as to how to approach the lining. I was not sure if the lining should be pleated like the skirt or the width of the waistband without the pleats...

I opted for the second option. Lily tried the skirt on when I was finished and it seems that the lining does not restrict her movement at all.


Someday, I will try to make my own clothing shop labels and even actual size labels. That would be nice. I did attempt last year but the printer we had was very goofy. We since bought a new printer so I will try again.


I am planning to make a jacket with this pretty plaid fabric to go with the skirt. I LOVE this!!!


I am very excited about this newest project!

I will have Lily model it after I am finished.

Warmly, A Dragonfrye Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment