Saturday, September 28, 2013

Waseca Homecoming Parade!

This is a big day!!

The homecoming parade was this afternoon!

I was excited to see Josiah on the boys varsity football float!!

Here was my small crew. A peppy looking bunch don't you think?


Grace was not feeling well, but I did not know that until the parade was over but now looking at the picture I can see it. She told me she felt like she was going to throw up and you know what this loving, nurturing mom said sternly in reply, " Don't you do that Grace. Not here. You need to wait until you get home. No, do not do that (as she is gagging)." What mom would say something like that. Not my finest mom moment. I hope no one else heard.

I had her sit down and breath and then gave her a sucker to suck on to sooth her tummy on the walk home.

Well, it worked. She did not throw up even when she got home but I had her rest in her bed for the afternoon.

I think I traumatized her for life, though.

I traumatized myself for life.

Would it have been that bad if she threw up in the middle of all the public school kids, teachers, parade goers? She would have gotten over the embarrassment but I do not think I would have.

Wow, what a mom I am.

~sigh~


The Waseca Marching Jays




A sweety


The Homecoming king and queen


The Cross Country team


The girls soccer team


Cyrus and his friend.


FFA


What I have been waiting the whole parade for!

Hey, where is Josiah!?


He is not easy to see hiding in the middle like that.


The big game against Blue Earth is tonight.

Warmly, A Dragonfrye Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment