Monday, September 23, 2013

More Coffee, Apples, and a Creation!

If there is one thing you might have observed about me is I really enjoy coffee. Iced mocha in particular. I love coffee shops!

I also enjoy my kids.

It is a good day when I can combine both the coffee at the coffee shop and my kids.

Today I got both!!!

Elena, Grant, and I went to Out to Lunch coffee shop here in Waseca.

Now, these three pictures that followed our coffee time did take a little begging on my part but I got them so I am happy!!!

For those who do not know, these are my two eldest, one year and two days apart. They are two that warmed my heart for so many years!

Grant (18) and Elena (19)



Grant is playing it cool. He has about two minutes to get to work but he is being very patient with me.

By this picture Elena realized I was taking more than one in my sneaky mom way.


Thank you Jeannie and the rest of the Hadley crew!!


I finished the jacket that I was wanting to make that matches the green wool blend skirt.

Ignore Lily's heavily lipsticked lips and the fancy dressed dress form in the background. I did not make the dress on the dress form. It is Elena's Purity Ball dress from about five years ago. Elena thought the dress form needed something pretty to wear.


The pattern I made the jacket from only goes up to size four (bummer) so I made the size four. I think Lily would need a larger size if she was to wear this for more than modeling. She has a tee-shirt under the jacket but I picture the outfit with a turtleneck and tights.


I love how it turned out!!! It had been SO long since I made something like this. I really like the space at the neck where the buttons are instead of the collar meeting. I thought it called for chunky big buttons.


I did not line the jacket so it does not add much outdoor warmth. Maybe I will try one lined sometime.

Anyway, what do you think? Isn't it a classy outfit?!!



Warmly, A Dragonfrye Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment