Monday, October 21, 2013

Just a Sunday Ramble

Jeff and the kids arrived home safe and sound!

They had a lot of fun and enjoyed their cousin Noah's Bar Mitzvah and seeing Jeff's side of the family. But there is no place like home! At least to me when I am missing them!

Over all,things here went very smoothly with Jeff being gone. The few little hiccups in my weekend were only because I do not drive. I never did get my drivers licence. No reason. I just did not.

Because of the no driving thing...

Most of the kids and I walked to church this morning. There was a pot luck after church and I was worried all weekend as to how to get my potluck dish to church. I could have used the wagon to bring a crockpot dish but instead I decided to make a banana chocolate chip cake. Odell and I took turns carrying the cake. It must have been a sight, eight Fryes (a few got a ride from a friend)in church casuals holding a cake pan walking down the streets of Waseca. I could have skipped bringing a potluck dish but my family eats a high volume of the food so I felt I needed to contribute something. We are like famished locust in a field of wheat when it comes to potlucks. There is no better food than potluck food,in my opinion. I did walk the back streets to church, though. For some reason I was kind of embarrassed to let people see us walking. Pretty juvenile. We made it and we had a lot of fun.

The second hiccup was:

Our clothes dryer has been broken since last spring which is not a bad thing when the weather is warm and I can hang clothes out to dry or when Jeff is home because Jeff brings our clothes to the laundry mat to dry every night. I wash at the least five loads of laundry each and every day. It was not an option to skip laundry for the weekend until Jeff arrived home from Illinois. It would have worked out ok if the weather was nice to dry the clothes outside, but it was cold and wet outside. So this is what our fireplace room looked like the past few days. Kind of drove me nuts being all laundry-ish like this but we made it through!



Now here is where the ramblings of my post comes in.

I guess it is a ramble in pictures.

I bought this a few months back for $5.00! I am SO pleased! My plan for it is to paint it, put glass in it and put it in one of our bathrooms.


Next ramble is the kids decided my wedding dress would look great on the lady dress form. I am not so protective over the dress. I am proud of it,though. I made it myself! It cost about $100 to make back in '93.




Here I am wearing the dress. My mom is walking me down the wedding isle. My mom is so pretty!


My last ramble is that Jeff drove me to the fabric store one morning last week and I got a few goodies!!

The first were the two M'Liss Christmas fabrics I made the skirts out of yesterday.

Here are my other fabrics.

This mustache one is GREAT!!! It was pretty expensive even on sale so I only purchased one yard but I can make a few skirts out of it for my shop. Elena suggested making a bag out of it. I could do that. I have one skirt already half finished but I could make a bag out of the other half. I do know I would like to purchase more eventually. Elena said mustaches are the in thing these days, kind of like owls are.


As long as I was going black and white, I though this butterfly stuff was pretty fun. Kind of vintage Victorian butterfly images.


This is great retro look circus fabric. Very fun.


See what a long (teetering on boring) Sunday ramble.

Warmly, A Dragonfrye Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment