Thursday, October 17, 2013

Some Little House Activity

I thought we would go through the Little House on the Prairie books this winter.

YouTube has the books on audio! Ya!! I do not do well reading out loud. I get distracted, antsy, out of breath, crabby. claustrophobic... so the audio books on YouTube, that is an awesome thing. I can spend more time on the fun things like...


Teaching the kids how to make jam from scratch like Ma might have.


Odell's strawberry jam


Josh's cranberry jam


The butter making crew.

Ekie, Grace, Naomi, and Anya


Joel test tasting the cranberries


Our Little House spread.

Tasty treats to eat as they listen to the first few Little House in the Big Woods chapters.


The biscuts are not like Ma would make. I took the easy way out and used the biscuts in the cans.


The butter was amazing


and so was the jam


Fun,fun day!

Warmly, A Dragonfrye Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment