Thursday, January 9, 2014

Odds and Ends

I found a few more random pictures from the past couple weeks. I thought I could make them all separate posts but they are all so fun I would rather show them all now. I am not good at waiting.

The children's Sunday school treated our church congregation with a song on Christmas Eve.

How fun it was to see the children dressed so Christmas-y and all of the kids did such a great job singing!

I did not get the greatest pictures so I labeled our kids.


Lily was so sweet because she kept looking back at Joel to make sure she was doing the right actions to the song even though Odell was off to the side helping the teachers by doing the actions with the children.



Lily being guided back to her seat by Naomi as pleased as can be.


On New Years Day Anya, Lily , and Elena sitting by the heat vent coloring on the wipe (or are they called white?) boards



A good snowfall and some jello powder...


make real sweet 'ice cream'


A pronto puff recipe that was given to Nolan by a friend years ago...Thanks William Stahl!!


provided some of us a very yummy lunch. Apologies to those kids who had to have just regular hot dogs with buns. I got a little lazy after a while.


Josh and I are collaborating on a quilt for his bed. Josh loves watching birds and even saved up his paper route money to buy a beautiful Minnesota bird watching book at Pet Expo in Mankato. I saw this adorable bird quilt that I though would be perfect for Josh!

This is what we have done so far. The birds, leaves, and flowers are put on with fusible web but Josh has the task of hand appliqueing around the edges to keep them on for good. It might take Josh a few weeks but he is good at hand sewing. It might looks like a big task but Josh can do it rather easily.


Elena helped Josh (and me) with the placement and colors of everything.


When Josh is done with his part of the sewing we will put a border on to make the quilt big enough to cover up with. If we stick to a darker border fabric it will look boy-ish even though there is a fair amount of girl colors among the birds and flowers.

This will be just BEAUTIFUL when it is all finished!!


Warmly, A Dragonfrye Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment