Sunday, March 8, 2009

An Afternoon Delight

This afternoon found us traveling to Joanne Fabrics in Mankato to get my monthly fix of fabric!

I am going to try a very daring thing with my new love for making drawstring skirts...I found this beautiful off-white satin type fabric and lengths of two different beautiful overlay lace. What if I was able to use this to make two very unique drawstring skirts for young girls? Can you envision it? Now, I might come across an unforeseen snag in my design plan. If you see it now don't spoil it by telling me. Part of the fun of creating are those "oops, I should have thought of that before" moments. But until then I am dreaming...



Debbie Mumm fabric was on sale. She really is one of my favorites. These will be four different receiving baby blankets. I decided to use white Soft and Comfy for the backing on all four. When I start on these in a few weeks I will be sure to share how I make them. They are SO easy and pretty inexpensive to make if you get all the fabric on sale.

No comments:

Post a Comment