Friday, March 6, 2009

Drawstring Skirt Craze

My newest craze it making drawstring skirts. I am so very pleased with how they are turning out. Here are my first three fabrics. I made one baby/toddler size and one young girl size out of each fabric. The real neat thing about drawstring skirts is that the size is not restricted by elastic. The young girl size fits all my girls except Lily,even Elena and Joyce. Of course, the length is above the knees on the bigger girls but still very cute for summer. I should make an older girls longer length version,too. That is a good idea to think about. I put these on my Etsy shop to see what interest there is. So far not much but the fun is in the creating Etsy is my justification sew more than I really need to!




Lily's chubby legs modeling the baby/toddler size. I love those little legs!



Lily once again my baby model. It was quite hard to keep that little one on the chair.



Now Ekie is a vision of beauty isn't she. She was very exited to be my model for this young girl size.



I hope to try my hand at making directions to post on my blog so anyone who is interested can make a skirt,too. It might take a few weeks. Keep checking back!

No comments:

Post a Comment