Tuesday, March 31, 2009

An Evening Well Spent

I had a little chunk of time this evening to do a small project. This kind of time does not occur much during the week night so I wanted to make the most of it.

I picked up the not very attractive apron in a dollar bin of sorts somewhere and right away I thought I could make something like this only much prettier!



I set out to make a pattern of it. A few of the boys were watching over my shoulder as I tried to make the pattern. Mine was not looking quite right so Grant wanted to give it a try.



Grant did a very good job!



I thought I would make an Easter apron for my first try. I had some cute Debbie Mumm Easter fabric and thought the yellow check would go well with it.

The brown cupcake apron did not have a lining but I thought I would do a lining. If I would have thought I could have doubled the ruffle to make the apron reversible. I will do that with my next one.



Not bad for a first try!

Elena my sweet model.



From pattern making to finish this took about 1 1/2 hours to do. Now that I have made this first one the next will be much quicker. So sad my chunk of time is over!

No comments:

Post a Comment