Thursday, January 20, 2011

A Little Dose Of Josh

I thought I would provide you with a little dose of my sweet Josh.

He is my sensitive, artistic, thoughtful child.

He has huge blue eyes and long eyelashes.

Most mornings he makes me a sweet note and slides it under my bedroom door.
Sometimes he wishes me a good day, sometimes he reminds me that I am a good mom, sometimes it is to say sorry for something, sometimes he draws me a picture, but included with every note is his reminder that he loves me and He always will.

He is almost ten but he still remembers to stop and hug me. He is a child who would really stop and smell the roses in life. He will stop to watch the butterfly flutter by, runs after the fireflies, and cries the hardest if a pet dies.

He has been patiently waiting weeks for me to help him make a bird feeder out of a pop bottle. He waits and worries about the hungry birds starving until I finally get organised enough to help. He does not pressure me. He just waits and worries.

I tend to have the knack of being ruff, quick, task focused so I plow by him throughout the day. I hurt his feelings and cause him to cry more often than I would like. He forgives me every time. Every time. Even when I do not deserve it.

So to you tonight, I will share a dose of Josh but you can not keep him. He is mine.

Josh coming back from his paper route this past Saturday



Josh doing his school




Warmly,A Patchwork Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment